Happy New Year 2022! This year, we wanted to offer you something useful: the 8 good tips to apply to improve your web marketing performance in 2022.
A blog article that speaks for the start of the year …
If there’s one thing people love in the New Year, it’s data. Then you are welcome. While this is a freebie, you can give yourself free any day of the week. Run just a PageSpeed Insights report for your site. Remember, the key to delivering performance data to yourself is making sure you’re viewing the most accurate and useful data possible. Specifically:
- The actual performance data of your site
- The perceived performance data of your site
Make sure you decipher your PageSpeed Insights reports correctly by considering these two sets of data.
Essential elements of the web
To be clear, we don’t actually give them to you, Google does. As in they are instituting the following three metrics as one of their new SEO ranking factors.
- Largest Content Paint (LCP)
- First entry delay (FID)
- Cumulative Layout Offset (CLS)
This is the gift that no company asked for but is getting anyway. So make sure you know how to track the web essentials of your site and optimize accordingly.
Email failures and fixes
Email is like Santa Claus in business communication. In a single night (or campaign) they can reach all the contacts on their list and, when their deliveries are open, make each recipient happy. But sometimes things don’t go so well. In the case of your email campaign, this is probably due to:
- Incorrectly configured domain ( fix: authenticate your emails)
- Spam Email ( Fix: Write Attractive Emails)
- Target the wrong audience ( fix: define your PKI)
- Exaggerating the scope ( fix: choose quality over quantity)
If your business can fix these four email delivery failures, you are sure to have a happy campaign for the start of 2022.
Avenues to explore that pay off big
What is a track that pays big? It is a track that allows you with a minimum of effort to make maximum profitability.
To get them, try these five golden driving strategies:
- Redefine your leads for each channel
- Design landing pages around a unique theme and purpose
- SEO targeting leads, not traffic
- Be specific with paid ads
- Try offline marketing tactics
Landing page tips
It is so important to follow these landing page best practices:
- Keep your landing pages simple
- Keep your message succinct
- Include USP, CTA image
- Say the essentials above the waterline
- Unify your landing pages and advertising campaigns
- Design pages for mobiles first, then desktops
Audiences to exclude
Let’s be honest, you can’t reach everyone, and neither can your marketing actions, your targets, and your products. You must have a preferential “target”, your “persona”. So be sure to exclude these 5 audiences from your PPC campaigns:
- Current customers (or everyone)
- Current employees
- App audiences
- Uncommitted visitors
Indexing of the best “rich snippets”
There are a large number of rich snippet opportunities available to help your web pages attract traffic.
- Product information
- Event Info
- Application Info
- Course information
- Course information
Optimization of conversion rates
Few brands pay much attention to conversion rate optimization (CRO). They can do this on an occasional basis while working on other aspects of their business, but often they don’t specifically focus on this one. At least not in the same way they prioritize ranking factors for SEO. But the CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) or conversion rate (well known in retail) is just as important. In fact, it might be the most important thing you can do for your business.
Here’s a 12-step plan for conversion rate optimization:
- Make data-driven decisions
- A / B Test strategically
- Eliminate bottlenecks
- Prioritize macro conversions
- Tell a story (and keep it simple)
- Redefine your CTA strategy
- Play the long game
- Increase urgency
- Improve site speed
- Leverage remarketing
- Be kind (and trustworthy)
- Test the CRO (then test again)
Do you want to entrust your web project to an expert in internet marketing? Call our agency